You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect and Retain Information
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
- Third-Party Applications/Websites
- Additional Information For California Residents
- Contact Information
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites, mobile applications, products, and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an account, sign up to receive communications from us, place an order/make a purchase, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, and other third parties, or from publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Account Registration||We collect your email address when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account as well as any information you choose to connect with your account – such as name, addresses, and payment methods.||We use this information to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences, wish lists, and transaction history.|
|Ambassadors and Industry Professionals||If you apply to become a FeraDyne ambassador or you sign up to receive pro deals, we collect information such as your name, contact information, education level, hunting and hunting gear expertise, social media conduct, preferences, and bank account information, and other information that we may request and you may choose to provide.||We use this information to communicate with you, promote our products, and provide compensation to our ambassadors.|
|Application for Employment||If you apply for a job posting, we collect information necessary to process your application. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use this information to process your job application and ensure that we have efficient staffing and work force operations. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about applicants.|
|Dealer Information||We collect information regarding our dealers, such as name and contact information, email address, billing address, shipping address, bank account information, years in business, operating hours, and entity type. We also collect information regarding dealer employees with whom we may interact, such as such as job title, address, phone number, email address.||We use this information to contact our dealers and communicate with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect personal information such as your gender, age, or location when you use certain products such as our cameras or Apps, or when you sign up for a live event.||We use this information to process registration applications and better understand our customers.|
|Distance Information||When you use one of our Apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and, in some cases, your distance from an associated trail camera.||We use this information to understand our users and provide tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Donation Requests||When you make a donation request we will collect your name, contact information, and any information you choose to provide about yourself and/or the event.||We use this information to process your donation request.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Events||If you participate in one of our events, we will collect your registration information which may include your name, email address, and shirt size. We may also collect video and photographs at the event.||We use this information to manage our events and register you for our events. We also use this information to promote our company, future events, and products.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We use this information to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We use this information to share updates and news about our products or services.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or using our Apps.||We use this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.||We use your information to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We use this information to fulfil our promotions and manage events.|
|Product Registration, Rebate Requests, and Warranty Claims||When you register your product, apply for a rebate, or make a warranty claim we may collect information such as your name, contact information, product information, and proof of original purchase.||We use this information to process your registration and/or claim.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We use this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes.|
|Testimonials||If you agree to provide a testimonial we will collect your name and any other content you choose to provide. This information may be publicly posted on our website.||We use this information to promote our business and products.|
|Trail Camera||When you use one of our connected trail cameras, we may collect information such as your images, video, wireless subscription data, and payment information.||We use this information to provide you with connected trail camera services.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, the aggregate amount of time you spend on our website, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also use this information to detect and prevent fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our products is the most popular.|
As required by some laws, organizations should disclose the specific categories of information they collect, with whom they share or sell such information, and whether the information is used for behavioral advertising. You can find a list of this information below. We do not “sell” your personal information. Note that while a category may be listed, that does not necessarily mean that we have information in that category about you. For example, while we collect social security numbers from job applicants we do not collect social security numbers of individuals that submit questions through our website’s “contact us” page. In addition to the below, we may disclose information when requested to government entities, auditors, lawyers, consultants, and other parties as required by law concerning any category (e.g., in response to a subpoena).
- Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name or other similar identifiers. We may share this information with behavioral advertisers.
- Customer Record Data – this may include signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, bank account number (e.g., a credit application), credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.
- Demographic Information – this may include age, sex, race, ethnicity, physical, or mental handicap, etc.
- Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, product returns, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We may share this information with behavioral advertisers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement. We may share this information with behavioral advertisers.
- Audio, video, visual, thermal, or similar information – this may include a voice call to our call center.
- Professional or employment-related information as needed for job applications.
- Inferences about your preferences or interests (e.g., product suggestions due to shopping history). We may share this information with behavioral advertisers.
We may share all of the above categories of information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, business partners, payment processors, and financial institutions, professional services organizations (such as auditors and law firms), and other service providers. Additionally, we may share Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet and other Electronic Network Activity Information, and Inferences with data analytics providers, internet service providers, joint marketing partners, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.
How We Use Information.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
- To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
- To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
- To debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and services.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
How We Share Information
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. You can modify or delete your account profile by logging in at feradyne.com or by visiting our App. If our website or App does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Opt-out of Selling or Sharing for Targeted Advertising. You may opt-out of online tracking based targeted advertising (e.g., cookies) by clicking the cookie settings link here or the “Your Privacy Choices” link on our homepage. Please note that if you change browsers or computers, or if you clear your browser’s cache, you may need to click the link again to apply your preference. We also recognize Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals and other user-enabled opt-out preference signals as valid opt-out requests where required by applicable law. Please note that your opt-out preference signal will be applied only to your current browser and device. To learn more about the GPC, you can visit its website here.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Revocation Of Consent. Where we process your personal information based upon consent, you may revoke consent. Please note, if you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please note, not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above through our online contact form or by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. If you disagree with our denial of a request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us with the subject line “Appeal.”
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must submit a written and signed letter indicating that you are able to act on another person’s behalf.
How We Protect and Retain Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. Additionally, we maintain internal governance policies designed to protect your information. These governance policies include, but are not limited to, Written Information Security Protocols, Incident Response Plans, Data Subject Request Protocols, and Record Retention and Destruction Policies. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
Our websites and online services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16, without parental consent. Children under the age of 13 should not provide their personal information to us.
Additional Information For California Residents
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section below.
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information (as defined under California law): Social security number and account login information (username and password) . We use social security number to process job applications and we collect account login information to provide you with services and manage our business. Note that we do not use such information for any purposes that are not identified within the California Privacy Rights Act Section 1798.121. We do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information for purposes of cross-context advertising.
1230 Poplar Ave
Superior, WI 54880
Covert Scouting Cameras
1451 Bowling Green Rd.
Russellville, KY 42276
If you are located in Quebec, you may contact our representative at: email@example.com
Effective Date: 8/17/23 | Last Update: 8/17/23