*READ CAREFULLY* These Rules will be STRICTLY ENFORCED!
1. Each team must have proper state fishing licenses for each section of water fished.
2. Each team must have proper registration papers and registration numbers.
3. All air boats and fan boats must have a suitable shroud protecting the fan blade.
4. Each boat must have the following safety equipment: Running lights, fire extinguisher, one throwable life preserver, horn or whistle, and life jackets for each person.
5. Each team member must wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket anytime the boat is on plane.
6. No wading (for safety reasons) Bows must remain in boat.
7. Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED during tournament hours.
8. Firearms are prohibited during scouting and tournament with exception of concealed carry permit holders.
9. Any violation of the hosting States Law Enforcement, DOT or Fish & Game Department will automatically disqualify the participants from the tournament.
10. Up to 4 persons per team, one team per boat. (No passengers)
11. The winner of the tournament will be decided upon the total weight of their largest 20 fish. It is the team’s responsibility to have their biggest 20 fish separate and ready for weigh i
12. Legal species for the state will be accepted with the exception of catfish, will not be weighed or counted.
13. Trophies, cash or merchandise will be given away to the team s shooting the heaviest/longest fish in each of the decided categories. It is the TEAM’s responsibility to enter their fish into the Big Fish categories!
14. Largest fish taken during the tournament will win the accumulated big fish pot and only those that paid will be eligible.
15. It will be the responsibility of the TEAM to determine the largest fish from the count to be weighed and measured by tournament officials to be used for tiebreakers.
16. Scouting may be done anytime. Any boat that is on the water with bows, arrows, dip nets, gigs, gaffs in the boat 24 hrs. prior to the start of the tournament will be DISQUALIFIED!!!
17. No baiting of chumming of fish.
18. 2 tokens with each team’s number will be given to each team prior to the beginning of the tournament; it will then be the responsibility of the team to return 1 token to the starting area upon returning and 1 to the fish scale official prior to weighing that teams fish. Teams must assist in the handling and the removal of fish from weigh in area.
19. Fish entries must be taken with bow (compound, recurve, longbow or crossbow) and a single point arrow only.
20. No hollow shaft hunting arrows may be used during the tournament.
21. No fish points or arrows with explosives or other shocking devices allowed.
22. All arrows must have a line attached to it for retrieval and reel attached to bow.
23. No dip nets, or gigs will be allowed in the boats. Gaff hooks with a single hook and total length of no more than 6’ will be allowed for landing big fish.
24. All boats will be subjected to a random inspection by tournament officials 24 hrs. prior to, during and until the end of the Tournament.
25. Trailering from official tournament site is allowed to any ramps on the Kentucky Lake, Barkley Lake, Tennessee River, and Cumberland River.
26. All boats will be checked by officials and only then will a boat be allowed to leave the tournament site. All boats must be checked by 5:30, boats not checked off by then will have to wait till after blast off to be finished - get in line ASAP!
27. Each team will be allowed the use of only ONE boat during the tournament. If mechanical trouble requires the use of another boat, that team and boat must return to tournament site and leave from tournament site. All backup boats must be inspected prior to leaving the tournament site.
28. In the event of a break down, any team may tow another team back to ramp but no team members may enter or ride in another team’s boat during this process and no transferring of boat contents are allowed, except in extreme emergency! That team and boat must return to tournament site to retrieve back up boat (see rule #30). No tournament officials or other teams are responsible for towing or retrieving any broken down equipment, although sportsmanship is encouraged and applauded, all teams are responsible for making weigh-in time with no exceptions.
29. For safety reasons, a team may drop off equipment and/or fish barrels provided that ALL team members leave the tournament site and ALL team members and their fish return for the weigh-in. Barrels must have the team number attached to them and are not the responsibility of the tournament officials.
30. All teams will leave when their number is called by the starting official, and in order in which the entries were received.
31. Suspected transferring of fish between teams will result in the disqualification of all teams involved. No fish may be transferred from one team’s boat to another team FOR ANY REASON!
32. All BOATS must make OFFICIAL FISH WEIGH IN. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification and forfeiture of all entry fees. No grace period will be allowed. Official time is kept by the official collecting tokens at the tournament site. You must be on site by or before official ending time. Make sure your token is dropped off and your number is recorded.
33. No unsportsmanlike like conduct will be tolerated. Teams must keep a respectable distance between boats, no crowding and no “owning” a fishing spot.
34. The decisions of the Tournament officials will be FINAL!!
35. Failure to comply with Tournament Rules will result in disqualification, and the entry fee will be FORFEITED!
36. All participants may be subject to a random polygraph test.
37. A formal protest fee in the amount of $75.00 must be made to the officials and posted by 8:00 AM or one hour prior to the awards ceremony, whichever comes first. Protests or disputes will be settled by Polygraph testing and/or majority vote of Muzzy Classic Officials.
38. All participants must check out prior to leaving the tournament.
39. Tournament hosts and sponsors will not be responsible for accidents or lost property.
40. NO AUTOMATIC REFUNDS OF ENTRY FEES: Notice of intent to cancel registration must be received 72 hours in advance of tournament date. Fees or any portion of fees refunded will be the decision of tournament officials, and will be based on the reason of cancellation.
41. All participants will respect the rights and privacy of all non-participants on or around the water. Please be courteous and polite and avoid congested and populated areas.
42. Restricted RED ZONE areas are enforced for this tournament-NO BOATS, SCOUTING OR FISHING ALLOWED for 7 DAYS PRIOR to and DURING tournament. Violators will be disqualified- NO QUESTIONS! Know where these areas are-it is your responsibility!
43. One class-- Airboats, Fan boats, Kicker and Trolling motor boats.
44. All airboats must have a functioning muffler on engine.
45. All boats must be in compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to watercraft.
REDZONES-redzones could be added at anytime by tournament director due to complaints. Remember to be courteous to all home owners and campers.
-YOU CAN LAUNCH A BOAT AT KY DAM MARINA BUT NO FISHING OR LIGHTS INSIDE THE BREAK WALL
-NO FISHING LIGHT HOUSE LANDING AND MARINA
-NO FISHING WITHIN 100 YRDS OF HILLMANS FERRY CAMPGROUND
-NO FISHING WITHIN 100 YRDS OF BIRMINGHAM POINT CAMP GROUND
-NO FISHING WITHIN 100 YRDS OF JONATHON CREEK CAMPGROUND
-NO FISHING WITHIN 200 YRDS OF ANY MARKED MARINA